A few weeks ago I was invited to attend The Cookery School Traditional Afternoon Tea Class with my friend Lucy in London. The school is tucked away round the corner from Oxford Circus tube station.
The actual cooking session lasts 3 hours with time to eat after. It's pretty impressive how much you fit in a 3 hour session as we were able to do all of this together!
- shape finger bread rolls
- make a range of sandwiches: egg mayonnaise, cucumber sandwiches to crab sandwiches all on different homemade breads and all using best of British, locally sourced ingredients.
- make mini Scotch eggs
- make the lightest of scones to be served with homemade jam (which we will demonstrate how to make) and clotted cream
- make savoury cheese and herb scones – a Cookery School favourite
- make Devonshire cream cake (the most delicate of sponges filled with whipped cream and topped with an Original Beans chocolate ganache)
- Traditional lemon curd tartlets (you will learn how to make the lemon curd and the pastry)
Aprons on and we start with the super soft chocolate sponge cake!
Then we were split into groups to make the various things.....
And finally we get to eat and enjoy all the food! The class flew by so quickly and I cannot wait to recreate the plain scones and super soft sponge cake. We were all given a mini recipe card pack to take home with step by step guide to recreate all the recipes.
Cookery School offer a range of courses 7 days a week from pastry to seafood to knife skills!