I have to say this is nothing fancy but tastes absolutely delicious perfect for us when we don't have time to cook these days. During weekends we just want something tasty that's quick to put together. This was made with what ever was left over in the fridge which is why there is a strange beef meat ball combo! Rice noodles is a staple in any chinese family there is always a pack lurking around in the cupboards and you can throw what ever you have into the mix and it only takes 20 minutes to make!
1. Soak rice noodles in boiled water for a few minutes then run in under cold water and leave in the strainer so the water drains out.
2. Here we used red peppers, onions, spring onions and fresh garlic and chop it all up however you like. I hate the smell of fresh garlic on my fingers so we always wear (Marigold Extra Safe Disposable Gloves latex-free) gloves when cutting food which protects your hand against the smell. Also where Nicole is teething I am constantly applying gel on her gums so any garlic / onion smell on my fingers won't go down too well.
3. Heat up the wok then add oil and throw in all the chopped ingredients (garlic, onion, pepper and spring onions) and cook until golden brown then add in the rice noodles and give it a few tosses.
4. Season the rice noodles / everything in the wok with soy sauce, sesame oil and if you want some meat stock and some chili oil for a slight kick.
5. We also cooked up some beef meat balls in the oven so we chucked those into the wok to toss a few times then it's ready to serve.