Now this may not be one of the most exciting topics but once you own your own home you will look for ways to keep it nice and clean and you will begin to have interest in things that never bothered you before. For me having a clean fresh home is everything especially with a baby / dog. A few years ago I discovered cheap white vinegar was pretty much the only thing you need around the home...yes the stuff you put on your fish & chips. To my surprise it's a miracle cleaner and the ways in which you can use it around the home is endless. A typical supermarket bottle of around 550ml will only costs only 38p. I find pouring the bottle of vinegar into a spray bottle makes it super easy to use. Some people like to add water to water it down a little but I prefer it strong and vinegar is so cheap it's doesn't really matter how fast you go through the bottle.
Here are my top 10 uses:
1. For us we have an open kitchen so often when we cook it leaves a smell in the room so we like to place a bowl of vinegar in the room over night to get rid of the odour.
2. It's very good for cleaning windows just spray half with water and half with vinegar and wipe away with a cloth then buff it up with newspaper. This includes spraying the shower glass after shower to stop build up.
3. To remove stains from the toilet simply spray and leave it for 30 minutes and repeat the process until it's clean.
4. I absolutely hate the smell of garlic when chopping but wiping your hand with vinegar after will remove the smell that lingers on for usually a few days.
5. You can wipe down your surfaces with vinegar from the whole of your kitchen through to dinner table and fridge.
6. Cleaning your shower head you can soak the shower head in vinegar to help loosen stains etc..
7. It can also be used to clean your washing machine and remove detergent. Simply run and empty wash and add in one cup of vinegar.
8. If your oven needs a good scrub it can help you lift those tough stains if you spay the oven and just leave it for 30 minutes then wipe away and keep repeating this process. For the super tough stains you can add in a little baking soda.
9. It can also be used to clean your dishwasher if you run an empty cycle with 2 cups of vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher.
10. Lastly it's super tasty for Fish & Chips!!!!!!