When thinking about interior design, the living room is the one place where comfort is paramount, and there are many ways one can add a touch of panache here and there. The overall look of the room must never be overlooked, and it is the basis for any additional extras one might decide to add. If you are looking to make your living room a tad more stylish, here are some ideas to give you some inspiration.
1. Brand Name Furniture – As any interior designer will tell you, the furniture makes a room, and by going with a well-known manufacturer of living room furniture, you are ensuring an overall look of class and character. If, for example, you are looking for designer furniture Sydney homeowners are purchasing, there is one company that offers a wide range of sofas and armchairs, and by selecting a designer label, you can be sure of the utmost durability and longevity.
2. Foot Rests –These will add that touch of elegance, and they should, of course, match the furniture, if at all possible. There are many 3 piece suite designs that also incorporate poofs and foot cushions, or failing that, you can have a local cabinet maker craft some made to measure units.
3. Screening – Often overlooked as a style accessory, your living room drapes are far more than just for screening, and by choosing the right fabric, one can certainly make the living space much more pleasing to the eye, and if you really want to create a unique look, have some timber plantation shutters installed, which will transform the room. Roller blinds might work in the right environment, and with vertical blinds, one can complement a contemporary look. Wall art can make quite a difference, and for those who would like some ideas, there are several articles on various websites that look at effective wall covering solutions for the living room.
4. Traditional Book Cabinets – These can he hand crafted by local cabinet makers, and whether you use real timber or vinyl, fitting out the living room with matching cabinets and shelving really does make the room look and feel special. Of course, you need to have some good reading material to fill the shelves, and this will also give you something to do on those rainy afternoons.
5. An Elegant Coffee Table – The right height is essential, and the style should be in keeping with the overall ambience of the room, and with online furniture suppliers, you can browse to your heart’s desire, before finally making your choice. Timber is the obvious choice here, with perhaps teak or mahogany being the best timber to use for a stylish coffee table.
While it is ideal to enlist the help of an interior designer to get the room looking perfect, one can get a lot of inspiration from searching for online images of living room design, and with online furniture suppliers, ordering has never been easier.