Often in literature, one’s hair is referred to as one’s crowning glory. Even centuries ago, there were already beauty rituals that focused on keeping hair lush and healthy. An outfit is never complete until you also have the perfect hairstyle. No wonder that there are so many hair products available on the market today.
But even with many innovations in hair care, there are still problems that may arise. One of the most common is a dry scalp. If you are suffering from it, don’t hesitate to see the tips below so that you may know what to do in order to stop suffering from it.
1. Be aware of the signs, and make sure to know the difference between dandruff and dry scalp – the first thing you need to do is be more informed on what the signs and symptoms are of dry scalp. If you feel that your scalp is uncomfortably dry, then you have the condition. But you must also learn how to differentiate between a dry scalp and dandruff. There are some similarities in their symptoms so better do further research so that you can easily spot which condition you might have.
2. Know the cause of your condition – dry scalp is caused by your scalp losing its natural moisture, which may be because of the weather, or maybe because of too much product you put on your hair. Even dandruff can be caused by several things, including an unhealthy diet and even stress. Pinpointing the cause can help you treat with more than just temporary remedies and really focus on the root of the problem.
3. You don’t need to wash your hair often – you may be used to shampooing your hair every day, but it can actually lead to more harm than good. When you wash your hair often, the natural oils in your hair will be stripped off leading to a dry scalp. You can limit hair washing to two or three times a week for healthier hair. And when you do wash your hair, make sure that you also condition it. Most experts say that conditioning is very necessary, and that includes applying it generously on your scalp so that it will be healthier.
4. Be careful of the products you use – there are just too many hair care products available on the market today, and you need to be wary and not be easily swayed by the advertisements you see. To treat dry scalp, you can choose some natural ingredients or a shampoo which contains ketoconazole, which, According to Andrea, is very effective in treating dry scalp. It can even help you if you are suffering from hair loss.
5. Go to a dermatologist if the problem persists – if after several weeks or months of treating the condition on your own and it still has not healed, it is better to go to the experts. Go see a dermatologist because they might see a cause that is different from what you originally thought and they will be able to treat it better.