Are you moving to a new home or apartment and find that the house or apartment you have chosen is not fully furnished? Or perhaps you've been living at your present home for too long and you feel that it is now time to change or upgrade your furniture.
It would be great if you had an unlimited budget and can just buy anything that catches your eye. But the reality is that not everyone has that luxury. If you are looking for ways to buy furniture with a limited budget, check out how you can do that below.
1. Buy only what you need - if you do not have enough money, then your priority should be to buy the necessary furniture. It may be the bed or perhaps your closet. Do an inventory of your house and check which ones really need to be replaced. You may have written a list of things that you want to invest in, but upon doing the inventory you may realize that some of the items on the list are more what you want and not what you need. That does not mean that you won't buy them anymore, but you can do that when you have more budget to spend.
2. Haggle for the price - don't be shy to ask for a discount. If you are eyeing one particular store to buy all your furniture from, you may actually get a big discount depending on how much furniture you are planning to purchase. Ask if the listed price is the lowest they can go. If they cannot give you a discount on the price, then look for other ways you can save, such as the delivery or installation fee.
3. Look for used furniture - if you're not particular about having new furniture, then you can check out Craigslist or eBay for some secondhand goods. Just make sure that the seller is trusted, especially if there is no way for you to see the item beforehand. Aside from online sites, you can also check out if there are some yard sales around your area. This way you can see for yourself what the furniture looks like, and also whether the quality is still good despite being a second hand item.
4. Check out online stores - you don't have to just rely on Craigslist for cheap furniture. There are many online stores that you can check out and you don't have to spend too much to get good quality furniture. Emfurn, for example, offers many varieties in design, ranging from mid-century to modern design, and they are not too expensive so you don't have to worry about going over your budget. If you do decide to look online there are products available all year round like modern rustic chandeliers.
5. Choose the right day and season to buy - wait for times when furniture stores might change their inventory because this will mean that they will be holding a sale on their present items. They may also offer sales during the holidays; there are experts who also say that the month of February is a good time to shop for furniture as this is the time that most stores bring out their new products.