Acne can be a really disturbing condition for anyone concerned with their looks and beauty. Most acne patients tend to think that the people they come across are more attentive to their pimples rather than them as a person. Plus what’s even more disturbing is that it is not uncommon to often encounter people who ask you what’s wrong with your face? Especially if encountered frequently, it can be demeaning to your self-esteem.
Fortunately enough thorough, there are various ways to treat acne. This includes the use of products such as oil controllers, pore openers, and cleansers, most of which come in gel, jelly, and lotion forms. Sometimes antibiotics may be prescribed by your dermatologist. Treatment also includes personal care practices and avoiding products that may worsen your condition. Below, we look at the top 10 acne treatments on the market today to help you get more knowledgeable about acne treatment and perhaps make an informed decision on a treatment plan if you’re suffering from the condition.
In most case, acne develops from skin pores that become clogged up with excess oil and dead skin cells. This encourages bacterial buildup followed by inflammation. This is what slowly transforms into pimples, cysts, and nodules. This means that to treat acne, you will most definitely need a product that will open up your pores.
10. Exposed Clear Pore Serum - A strong acne-fighting cream formula that cleanses the skin and opens up the sweat pores.
Skin cleansing can also help open up your clogged skin pores. Certain acne treatment creams and gels come equipped with ingredients such as salicylic acid, which is effective in cleansing your skin to open up the pores. Otherwise, you can also use an ordinary skin cleanser.
9. Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser- An acne cleanser that removes blackheads, decongests the pores, and restores the skin texture.
8. Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment - An effective face cleansing gel that opens up the pores.
7. BeautyRX 10% Advanced Exfoliating Pads - Removes blackheads and unclogs the skin
Acne treatment also involves controlling the amount produced by the skin’s sebaceous glands. This helps in preventing future acne breakouts. In most cases, physicians, and dermatologists often recommend certain oral medications that control hormonal imbalance. Isotretinoin is a good example.
6. Clearasil Daily Acne Treatment Cream - Clearasil is specifically designed for those suffering from acne and have oily skin.
5. Acnomel Adult Acne Medication Cream - Controls excessive oil, unclogs the pores, fights acne bacteria, and revives the skin’s flow.
Antibiotics and Antimicrobials
In acne, inflammation is undoubtedly caused by bacteria. To cure your skin of the inflammation, you will need some antibiotics. However, antibiotics should only be taken when and as prescribed by a qualified dermatologist or physician. Most antimicrobials for acne such as sulfur and benzoyl peroxide are found in topical application products. Some notable antibiotics include Erythromycin and Cotrimoxazole.
4. Claridad Acne Treatment Gel (10% benzoyl peroxide) - In addition to removing inflammation, this Claridad acne gel decongests the pores, and controls oil production to prevent future outbreaks.
There are numerous natural ingredients that can help treat acne. A good example is tea tree oil, which is quite effective in reducing acne inflammation, thanks to its antibacterial potency.
3. Keeva Organics Tea Tree Oil Acne Cream - A natural acne bacteria fighter that also nourishes the skin and restores its glow
2. Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish Stick - Combines a total of 10 natural ingredients to make a potent herbal formula.
Most of the above natural ingredients aren’t necessarily sold as acne treatments. However, they can be used solo or in combination with other natural ingredients to make home remedies for acne.
Rodan & Fields Unblemish is a comprehensive acne treatment formula that features a toner, sulfur wash, and oil control lotion, and a dual intensive acne treatment cream. it not only unclogs skin pores, the formula also controls oil production, prevents inflammation, and fights pimples before they become visible. Read the unblemished review to know about this amazing product.